Monday, May 28, 2007

€2

About a month ago I found €2 in the street. The best thing that could be done with this coin was sell it right away to a bank and do something with the ruble equivalent. However, I decided to wait a little, so that I could get more rubles for two euros. I expected it to increase, because the euro has been gradually rising against ruble for some years.

I don’t know why I even bothered, because the difference would be just miniscule. Still, I waited. Unfortunately, the ratio peaked and started temporary decrease, so this €2 now has less value for me than it had at first.

That proves once again:

1. Trying to play in buy-low-sell-high game when you don’t understand the reason of price changes and the dynamics may be no good.

2. If something is rising in price today, there’s a huge probability of a dip tomorrow.

3. Caring about every cent, eurocent or kopeck is just silly, even if it’s just for fun.

4. Currency market is just not my cup of tea. :)

However, I still hold this coin stubbornly.

No comments: